September is About Renewal

Hey, there! Below is my September newsletter. I would like to acknowledge that there are uncomfortable aspects going on in the world right now. My art is about remaining positive and focusing on abundance and the gold we find in the ashes. So here it is...

SEPTEMBER IS RENEWAL

Let's call it what it is...

   

So summer appears to be over (or is it?), and the kids have gone back to virtual school. When September 1st happens, I think to myself (even panic), "Oh God! It's September!" But what does this really mean? I believe it's a month where I have the opportunity to renew myself, or even to start over. Sure, spring is generally associated with renewal, but let's get real, we all know September is the time where we feel like we have to get our act together. So what is my act? 

Here is my act that actually MOVES THE NEEDLE:
1. Call interior designers of new construction
2. Contact healthcare interior designers
3. Contact licensing companies

Guess what? I have to actually CALL THEM and speak with them on the phone. That is enough to cause one's stomach to drop.

I could post on Instagram, or reply to emails all day; however, we all know the task or opportunity that REALLY makes things happen. These are the scary ones. The things we avoid. The voice in the back of our head. What if we made it easy and just did it? We've all returned from our trips, so let's renew our commitment to our vision.

Email me back and let me know what you have to to do MOVE THE NEEDLE. 

Image: 
Egg 2, 2020
Pen on paper
9 x 6 inches
Order print here
 

What is New?

I received a grant! WOO HOO!




Thanks to ARTSTRA.org in Vancouver, WA (via the City of Vancouver), I received my first grant ever.
The idea behind writing this grant was to create lead generation, so let's see how this goes!

 

Where Have I Been?

Hiking, Camping and Floating


How lucky am I? I have to say, this has been one of the best summers I've ever had. Not only have I been camping and hiking, but also been to the beach, zip lining and floating down the Sandy River. I am grateful for my health, husband, friends, PNW location, and sense of adventure. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

      

Did you Know?

Portuguese Tiles


 


Have you been to Portugal and seen their tile work, otherwise known as "azulejos"?
What exactly is the origin of these tiles?

We have to go back to the 8th century when Portugal was part of al-Andalus, an Islamic country. The Moors brought polished stones (somehow none survived). What we do see today are tiles from the reconquest of the 15th century when the Portuguese king appreciated the tiles work on a trip to Spain. So now we have tiles, many in blue, to represent the maritime tradition, and we also see blue tiles imported from Delft in the Netherlands. 

Finally, due to the Islamic law, originally there were no human figures, but later, the human form was included in the tile work.

Images: Igreja do Carmo by Kate Whyte
https://beportugal.com/portuguese-traditions/

 

Fun Face Masks

Wearable Art


Have you ever thought, where do I find cute face masks? 
Right here! They make great hostess gifts!
15 designs and counting...

Link to my store: tiny.cc/red_bubble
Save 10% with code 10FORYOU
Even better, save 20% if you buy four!


 

 

Thank you for reading my newsletter. 

Be well, and have a wonderful September full of joy and love,

 

Learn more about MY ART atcynthiamosser.com


Schedule a VIRTUAL STUDIO TOUR: info@cynthiamosser.com


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hands & Leaves as a Reminder to Play

Fling, a Drawing by Cynthia Mosser

Georges SEURAT'S Drawings