Paisley Daisley Painting

There are times when paintings can represent a period of time in one's life. For me, this represents the internal discombobulation of January to May of this year (2022).

You see, my disabled brother became even more disabled, then got fixed (surgery), then recuperated, and then moved to a new foster care home. Why this matters is that I am the only family member who can advocate for him, so it felt like a real journey.

Normally I never "struggle" with a painting, but this one I went over and over again, changing my mind, changing colors, changing shapes. It felt like the time in which I was concerned about my brother was manifesting itself with this piece.

Now that I was able to help in getting him resettled into a stable living situation, I can breathe a bit easier.

What did I learn from this familial situation? That I am lucky to be able to help my brother, that he teaches me how to ask for what I desire because he is so good at doing this himself, and that I too have value. ❤️ Cynthia

"Paisley Daisley," 2022
Gouache on Museum Board
7 x 5 inches
$450

If you'd like to own this original painting, you can easily buy it here at: http://tiny.cc/paisley_daisley

#cynthiamosser #artist #gouachepainting #disabledbrotherlessons #lifelessions #painting #colorfulart #abstractart #vancouverwa

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hands & Leaves as a Reminder to Play

Fling, a Drawing by Cynthia Mosser

MISS RIO Ottoman